Hello! I’m Sophie, an archivist, gin enthusiast, coffee lover and runner living and working in London. I am in the last few months of my part-time MA in Archives and Records Management at UCL and I created this blog when I started my MA to document my experience, and explore a range of archive topics.
View my LinkedIn profile here.
- MA Archives & Records Management, part-time until 2018 (University College London)
- BA Hons History (University of Northampton, 2016)
- Electronic Records Management Certificate Programme (AIIM, 2013)
- Assistant Archivist, Harrods (Mar 2017 – present)
- MA placement, Royal London Hospital Archives (May 2018)
- Voluntary Archivist, Teams Transatlantic Super-Region Archive (Oct 2013 – present)
- BA placement, Foreign and Commonwealth Archive (2016)
- Archive Volunteer, University of Northampton Archive (Jan 2012 – Mar 2017)
- Archive Assistant, British Motor Museum Archive (May 2013 – Jul 2014)
OTHER WRITING AND PUBLICATIONS
Sophie Denman, ‘How to Digitise Your Audio Cassette Tapes’, Archive Robin (12 June 2018) – Available online here.
Sophie Denman, ‘Preparing for an Archive Digitisation Project: 4 crucial questions to consider’, TownsWeb Archiving (6 June 2018) – Available online here.
Sophie Denman, ‘Guest Blog: Archivist Sophie talks Digitisation’, R3:store Studios (March 2018) – Available online here.
Alexandra Eveleigh, Anna Sexton, Sophie Denman, and Andrew Flinn, ‘Digital Preservation for Community Archives’, Community Archives and Heritage Group (January 2018) – Available online here.
Sophie Denman and Sîan Morgan, ‘Learning from Each Other – A Peer Pals Joint Article’, Off the Record (28 July 2017) – Available online here.